Hello from Cincinnati, OH!

[ Follow Ups ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Wallace III (166.205.50.105) on January 30, 2005 at 15:04:28:

I'm one flight away from a full roundtrip back to Washington state. Heidi and I will be arriving in Seattle around 6:30pm PT tonight. I had some initial problems with every flight canceled to Atlanta but it turned out better than expected with a quick trip to the front of the line and being rebooked on Heidi's flight. We all joked that a lot of the times it's not always what you know but who you know! My parents, grandma, brother and his girlfriend made it back driving to Chicago just before we departed Savannah at 11:00am ET. They avoided the ice and wind in Atlanta that had left over 150,000 people without power. My aunt and her boyfriend made it back to the Atlanta area without incident. My mother-in-law and father-in-law were off to Florida after dropping us off at the airport. Sunny skies and warmer temperatures were awaiting them. My Maryland friends left very early and as far as I know are safely back in that area of the country. Normalcy is slowly and steadily coming back into all of our lives. Right before we fly out, we'll hopefully find out if we won the bid on our first home as offers were accepted this morning - and another adventure will surely begin!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]