Hello from Redmond, WA!

[ Follow Ups ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Wallace III (24.16.88.247) on February 08, 2005 at 03:08:59:

It's only been one week since arriving back here in the state of Washington. My mileage from 1/21-1/27 was 274 miles. My mileage from 1/28-2/7 was about 15. That's half of what I averaged (30.69) over the 124 days across America.

But it hasn't been all rest and relaxation back here in the Pacific Northwest. First off, getting ready to close on our house in 11 days has occupied much of my energy. It's going to be a fun project for Heidi and myself! For those interested please view the link below.

In addition to becoming home owners, I have been slowly organizing all of the archives from the run. There are several newspapers with interviews and photos. There are scores if not hundreds of receipts. There are brochures, pamphlets, cards, stickers, magnets, magazines, guides, and many other paper products from various locations along the route. And of course there are photographs (the finish was well documented), emails and video.

I wish I could make this a daily/annual documentary with mileage postings, photographs and footnotes all year long. Whereas the Run Across America was my daily 'job', I just can't devote that same kind of energy to keep it up along with all of my other activities. There will be postings and updates from time to time but much less often than what everyone is used to. There are still many exciting additions that I will be sharing with everyone over the coming weeks and months though so by all means stay connected!

For those going through absolute withdrawal, there is a guy named Bruce Johnson who set out from Illinois on the end date of my run. He drove out to California to start in Oceanside and will run over 120 days to Virginia Beach, Virginia. You can follow his journey along with me at his website - http://www.unitedstatesrun.com

Please check out the two new movie postings I added to my website. There will be additional footage coming in the near future now that I have a video cable. You will need a Quicktime plugin possibly to view the movies. It's kind of like watching the Zapruder films in terms of missing a crucial moment. You'll see what I mean.

Hope all is well across America! I've been thinking about all of my new friends, my current friends and my family often over the last week. It is hard for me to verbalize the love and appreciation I have for you all. A small but genuine gesture of thanks will be found online and for many found in your mailbox over the coming weeks. I can't guarantee the date everything will get done as I did for the finish of the run. :)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]