Re: Stolen!! Can You Believe It?!?

[ Follow Ups ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by aunty di (152.163.100.67) on November 21, 2004 at 16:03:15:

In Reply to: Stolen!! Can You Believe It?!? posted by John Wallace III on November 21, 2004 at 13:04:46:

: I was getting ready to get some breakfast around 7:30am this morning and on my way out the front door I noticed the jogger was not under the awning where I had left it last night. I checked inside to see if they moved it to a more secure spot. Nope, it was stolen sometime between dinner last night and breakfast this morning.

: I immediately contacted the local authorities here and they have been on the lookout since this morning. It was probably loaded into a truck and is miles away from here by now. On the good side, if there is a good side, I have 95% of my gear. The only things I'm really missing are 2 Camelbak water pouches, an LED headlamp, various energy bars and some other odds and ends that fit into the upper and lower pouches. The only thing the thiefs left was my hand water bottle with orange gatorade still inside. They even took my reflective vest and bungee cords - I can't believe it!

: So, my dad is still on his way for our Thanksgiving meeting. We'll sort things out and most likely have to track down a replacement jogger. That will take a big bite out of the budget and I'll have to second guess my hotel/motel stays for the rest of the run.

: If anyone has any connections to the Tuba City underground or crime rings, please let them now that I really need that jogger back! No questions asked of course - I just need to get back on the roads!!

: I wish I had better news to post but I'll keep everyone updated. This is definitely a twist I was not expecting but as I've always said - it's all part of the adventure...

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]